Thursday, April 07, 2005

Songs of the Day - "Champagne Supernova" by Matt Pond PA and Oasis

I first came to love this song when I heard it on Oasis' What's the Story Morning Glory album. And though I haven't listened to it in years, I can still appreciate the brilliance of its simplicity and non-sensical title.

Imagine my surprise when I discover that not only has Matt Pond PA covered the song for the latest volume of the 'O.C.' soundtrack, but that the new version is actually good. I can't decide which I prefer, the laid back, mellow tone of this new interpretation, or the incessant Gallagher wail of the mid 90s.

Take a listen to both versions and see which you like better...

Listen HERE:

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert 0f The Radish said...

I would have to go with Matt Pond PA on that one.

BTW if you are interested the first radio show I produced for WSGE in Dallas NC was aired. Here is a link to a lower quality mp3 file if you are curious. It's 11 megs.

The Music Box - Coal Mining Songs

Let me know what you think.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home