Monday, April 04, 2005

Song of the day: The Stone Roses/"Elephant Stone"

Robert from the Rhapsody Radish asked me today what song I would pick if I was trapped on a desert island and could pick only one song from the Rhapsody library to keep me company. My choice was The Stone Roses song "Elephant Stone," a danceable slice of music that (depending when you first heard it) bridged the gap between the sounds of the late 1980s and early 1990s UK music scenes. The link above includes the version on the band's highly, highly recommended debut album, as well as the longer single version of the song.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Dude!

You're not supposed to tell! It was gonna be a surprise in Robert's column! At least for me it was...

Aw, shucks.

5:06 PM  
Blogger John Chimpo said...

the Stone Roses are a hidden gem for many people on the wrong side of the Atlantic. Simply, a great band that was not around long enough...or was it just the right amount of time?

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home