Saturday, October 16, 2004

The soul sounds of Stax

Stax Records was one of the greatest R&B labels of all time, home not only to legends like Otis Redding, Sam and Dave, and Booker T. and the MG's, but a number of other talented artists (like Johnnie Taylor and Little Milton) who helped define the Stax sound of the late 60s and early 70s. Click HERE for a sampler of Stax songs that we've added to Rhapsody in the past week.

Stax Soul Sounds
"But You Know I Love You" - Barbara Lewis
"Testify (I Wonna)" - Johnnie Taylor
"Pick Up The Pieces " - Jean Knight
"Don't Mess With My Money, My Honey Or My Woman" - Mel & Tim
"I Let My Chance Go By" - Frederick Knight
"I Get Evil" - Albert King
"That's What Love'll Make You Do" - Little Milton
"Funky Broadway" - Steve Cropper
"Break Away" - Barbara Lewis
"Mr. Big Stuff" - Jean Knight
"Anyway" - Barbara Lewis
"Games People Play" - Johnnie Taylor
"With A Little Help From My Friends" - Steve Cropper
"Tank's Lament" - Booker T & The MGs
"Do Me " - Jean Knight
"It's Your Thing" - Johnnie Taylor
"Spring" - Little Milton
"Someday We'll Be Together" - Frederick Knight
"Starting All Over Again" - Mel & Tim
"Medley: Golden Slumbers / Carry That Weight / End, The / Here Comes The Sun / Come Together" - Booker T. & The MG's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home