Saturday, January 29, 2005

Song of the day: Velocity Girl/"Drug Girls"



Velocity Girl are on the long list of bands I discovered too late. Although I lived in the Washington, D.C. area when the band's epic Copacetic album was released by Sub Pop Records in 1992, it wasn't until their second album, Simpatico, came out in 1994 that I began to get into the band's music. The song "Drug Girls" is one of my favorites from that second album, which is brighter and poppier than Copacetic, considered by many to be one of the best American pop albums of the early 1990s (listen to the song "Crazy Town" to hear why). I was lucky to catch Velocity Girl live on the 1994 tour; it's still one of my favorite concert memories. Enjoy the music.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

I heart Sarah Shannon!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home