Thursday, January 27, 2005

Song of the day: Say Hi to Your Mom/"Pop Music of the Future"

I have ups and downs with music, where I fluctuate between listening to a lot of music and a ridiculously large amount of music. It's not normal, but man does it make dealing with the stress of workaday life a little more manageable.

I'm in the middle of a ridiculous period right now, and one of the albums I've been playing over and over recently is Numbers and Mumbles by NY-based lo-fi band Say Hi to Your Mom. The album is chock full of fun, simple and catchy pop ditties, particularly the song "Pop Music of the Future," a paean to the changing music tastes of an indie girl in New York City. This playlist includes that song and 2 others that have been killing me lately, including "Hooplas Involving Circus Tricks" and "But She Beat My High Score" (the best love song about video games ever...?). Enjoy the music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home