Friday, May 20, 2005

Song of the day: The Rentals/"Please Let That Be You"



No sooner do I gripe about the grey skies here in San Francisco do I wake up to a beautiful sunny day. The sunshine made it hard to sleep in, giving me more time than usual for my morning routine of making coffee and listening to music. This is one of my favorite parts of the day; I stand in front of my wall of music (see below) and randomly pull discs off for morning listening.

One of this morning's picks was Return of the Rentals, the 1995 debut of Weezer offshoot synthpop group The Rentals; the band's frontman is Matt Sharp, who played bass on the band's first two albums. I love the entire album so it's hard to pick just one song, but I'd recommend "Please Let That Be You" as a starter, then suggest you move on to the greatness that is "My Summer Girl."


mgrooves' wall of sound

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

I loved the Rentals. Damned if I can't find that CD anymore. Also had the cassette (!) single of "Friends of P."

Nice CD wall! Thanks for the pain in my neck from looking sideways...

2:07 PM  
Blogger Robert Burke said...

You play guitar? We need to start a band. I bet a bunch of us play something.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home