Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Song of the day: Gang of Four/"Damaged Goods"



For the past week, I was on the East coast hanging with my family north of Boston and visiting with friends in New York. So I hope you'll forgive me for not noticing until now that late last week Gang of Four's seminal 1979 masterpiece Entertainment was added to Rhapsody. My favorite song on the album is without question "Damaged Goods," the yardstick by which all melodic post-punk is measured in my book. But the entire thing's worth checking out - try "At Home He's a Tourist" or "I Found That Essence Rare" to see the altar at which current "It" bands like Bloc Party and Moving Units pray.

*UPDATE*: Props to The Covalent Bond for noticing this one first.

1 Comments:

Blogger covalent bond said...

Hi mgrooves,

Thanks for mentioning me on your post. The Gang of Four is one of my all-time favorite bands.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home