Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Song of the day: The Wrens/"Ex-Girl Collection"



While The Wrens album The Meadowlands came out in 2003, it was only in 2004 that I discovered and came to treasure it. All year long, the song "Hopeless" was one of my favorites -- its chorus blows me away every time (especially the line "..so thank yourself for nothing"). On the train ride from Boston to New York last week, I gave the album another listen and the song "Ex-Girl Collection" stuck in my head. It's a jangle-pop gem if ever I've heard one, and a highly recommended listen (as is the rest of the album). Click here to listen. Enjoy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

LOVE The Wrens... My favorite 2003 release!

Was disappointed Rhapsody didn't have it for my list when I originally did it, but it was finally added to the stable, thank goodness.

If you haven't picked up their prior release, Secaucus, I highly recommend it.

Absolutely Kosher is set to rerelease their Abbott 1135 Plus EP from 1997 in April. Something else to look forward to.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

Wow, $139 minimum!

I was lucky I found it used last summer, I guess.

Sounds like the Grass/Dutch East India label is a serious hurdle in this (and previous Silver release) ever getting rereleased.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home