Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Found sounds: The Wedding Present's Take Fountain



Absence truly makes the heart grow fonder. On Wednesday, the Wedding Present's first new album in 9 years, Take Fountain, was added to Rhapsody. And I have to say -- it's my favorite release of the year so far. The first two songs alone make the album a winner; the peppy "Always the Quiet One" is return to the Weddoes' manic, jangly roots, and on opening song "Interstate 5" (which clocks in at over 8 minutes) the band embraces its inner drone. Other winners on the first listen included "Ringway to SeaTac" and "It's for You." All in all, this is a highly recommended listen. Click here to hear the entire album.

1 Comments:

Blogger covalent bond said...

I've been waiting for this one. I just started listening to it and I like it a lot.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home