Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The Pretenders: an appreciation

I admit it: I've overlooked the Pretenders for too long. Sure, I loved the song "Back on the Chain Gang" back in the day, and I fell in love with Scarlett Johansen when she serenaded Bill Murray with "Brass in Pocket" in the movie Lost in Translation, but beyond that I hadn't really given the band a listen. I rectified the situation last weekend, giving their first 3 albums --The Pretenders, The Pretenders II, and Learning to Crawl-- a listen. This playlist includes my favorites from The Pretenders' early years -- listen to the jangling guitar on the first song, "Stop Your Sobbing" -- it's delicious. Enjoy the music.

1 Comments:

Blogger mgrooves said...

Pretenders: the early years
"Stop Your Sobbing" - The Pretenders
"Show Me" - The Pretenders
"Pack It Up" - The Pretenders
"Kid" - The Pretenders
"Talk Of The Town" - The Pretenders
"Back On The Chain Gang" - The Pretenders
"Brass In Pocket" - The Pretenders
"Middle Of The Road" - The Pretenders
"The English Roses" - The Pretenders
"2000 Miles" - The Pretenders
"Birds Of Paradise" - The Pretenders

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home