Sunday, April 17, 2005

It's back -- Song of the day: Okkervil River/"For Real"



Last week was kind of a bad week, work-wise, and for the first time in months I didn't blog at all. Hell, I didn't even listen to Rhapsody. But this weekend, I reconnected and man, did we add a lot of good music when I wasn't looking. One of my favorite new finds is the much-buzzed about Okkervil River, whose song "For Real" (from the band's new album, Black Sheep Boy, released in April on Jagjaguwar and added to Rhapsody this weekend) slowly but steadily builds into an amazing pop soup that blends together the sounds of Neutral Milk Hotel, Beulah, and other pop groups on my list of personal faves. The instrumental break 1:37 into the song has been giving me chills all day, and the guitar solo at the three-and-a-half minute point is a don't-miss affair. Enjoy the music!

1 Comments:

Blogger covalent bond said...

I was looking for this album earlier this month and was disappointed when I didn't see it on Rhapsody. Just listened to the whole album, and you picked the best cut. Good stuff!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home