Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Song of the day: Sam Prekop/"Two Dedications"



As I've written about several times, I'm a huge fan of Chicago group The Sea and Cake. I've had the chance to see them live just once, but it was magical. I was also fortunate to see the band's guitarist/singer, Sam Prekop, play a solo show in Washington, DC six years ago, after the release of his first solo album. He was amazing live, playing fluid and melodic guitar and really enjoying himself (and entertaining the audience).

Recently, he put out another solo album, Who's Your New Professor, on Thrill Jockey, and it's a highly recommended listen. I bought it earlier this week at Amoeba Records and it has been a constant companion since then. I especially like the opening song, "Something," but the one making my heart jump today is "Two Dedications" -- click here to check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home