Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Alone, for the Moment: a Sea and Cake sampler



The Sea and Cake is on my shortlist of bands whose music I couldn't live without. I've been a fan since randomly (but happily) discovering the song "Parasol" on a compilation in the summer of 1995. From there, I discovered their second album, Nassau, then their first and more catchy self-titled album, and finally the audio bliss that is their third (and IMO best) album, The Biz. No one was happier than me when we finally started to offer Thrill Jockey releases --and especially The Sea and Cake's back catalogue-- through Rhapsody earlier this year.

The band's music has a laid-back, jazzy feel that will put a smile on the mug of even the most jaded indie rocker. I could go on at length, but I'll let you decide for yourself. This playlist includes some of my favorite songs by the band, spanning 9 years and 6 albums from The Sea and Cake. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home