Sunday, December 12, 2004

Kenny Rogers, Reconsidered -- 1967-1971



Ten years before hitting the big-time with "The Gambler," Kenny Rogers was the frontman for country/psychedelic/folk/rock band The First Edition. Later re-christened Kenny Rogers and the First Edition, the group released six albums between 1967 and 1971 on Reprise Records. In my opinion, the band's finest moment was the epic single, "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)." That song, which was prominently featured in the film The Big Lebowski, piqued my interest in checking out Rogers' early discography to see what other treasures I might be missing. This playlist is the result of that research; it features (in chronological order) every one of the band's songs now available through Rhapsody. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger mgrooves said...

Kenny Rogers: Reconsidered
"I Found A Reason" - Kenny Rogers & The First...
"Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Is In)" - Kenny Rogers
"Shadow In The Corner OF Your Mind" - Kenny Rogers
"Ticket To Nowhere" - Kenny Rogers
"Are My Thoughts With You" - Kenny Rogers & The First...
"But You Know I Love You" - Kenny Rogers
"I Just Wanna Give My Love To You" - Kenny Rogers & The First...
"Last Few Threads Of Love" - Kenny Rogers & The First...
"It's Raining In My Mind" - Kenny Rogers
"Sleep Comes Easy" - Kenny Rogers & The First...
"Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town" - Kenny Rogers
"Me and Bobby McGee" - Kenny Rogers
"Always Leaving Always Gone" - Kenny Rogers
"Sunshine" - Kenny Rogers & The First...
"Once Again She's All Alone" - Kenny Rogers
"Good Time Liberator" - Kenny Rogers & The First...
"Reuben James" - Kenny Rogers
"Something's Burning" - Kenny Rogers
"She Even Woke Me Up To Say Goodbye" - Kenny Rogers & The First...
"My Washington Woman" - Kenny Rogers & The First...
"Just Remember You're My Sunshine" - Kenny Rogers & The First...
"A Stranger In My Place" - Kenny Rogers
"For THe Good Times" - Kenny Rogers
"Elvira" - Kenny Rogers
"Tell It All Brother" - Kenny Rogers
"Shine On Ruby Mountain" - Kenny Rogers
"Molly" - Kenny Rogers
"All God's Lonely Children" - Kenny Rogers & The First...
"A Poem For My Little Lady" - Kenny Rogers & The First...
"For The Good Times" - Kenny Rogers & The First...
"Where Does Rosie Go?" - Kenny Rogers & The First...

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home