Saturday, January 08, 2005

Song of the day: Blake Hazard/"Waiting"



Blake Hazard was a happy Rhapsody find for me. Until last year, the only thing I knew about Hazard, a Boston-based songstress, was that for the past couple of years she has played in one of my all-time favorite bands, Jack Drag. One day, perusing the list of "Just Added" albums in Rhapsody, I saw her 2002 album Little Airplane and decided to check it out. I'm glad I did. Turns out the entire record was produced by John Dragonetti (i.e. Jack Drag), and it sounds like it. His production duties and additional guitar and drum work are a great complement to Hazard's voice and lyrics. The song "Waiting" is my favorite. I like Hazard's voice a lot but it's the payoff of the guitar falling in with the drums 1:07 into the song that really makes it for me. Enjoy the music.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home