Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Delfonics -- Love Songs



One of my favorite moments in Quentin Tarantino's underrated film Jackie Brown is when Robert Forster is driving in his car and singing along to the classic Delfonics song "Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)" as it plays on his car stereo.

In looking at the list of "Just Added" albums today on Rhapsody, I saw that the Delfonics' catalog has been repackaged in yet another new compilation, Love Songs. If you've never listened to anything by the much-revered Philly soul group, you're really missing out, and Love Songs is a good place to start. I highly recommend checking it out.

2 Comments:

Blogger mgrooves said...

Delfonics -- Love Songs
"Somebody Loves You" - The Delfonics
"La-La Means I Love You" - The Delfonics
"I'm Sorry" - The Delfonics
"Break Your Promise" - The Delfonics
"Hey! Love" - The Delfonics
"Trying To Make A Fool Of Me" - The Delfonics
"Can You Remember" - The Delfonics
"I Gave To You" - The Delfonics
"Everytime I See My Baby" - The Delfonics
"Hot Dog! ( I Love You So)" - The Delfonics
"Ready Or Not Here I Come" - The Delfonics
"Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)" - The Delfonics
"When You Get Right Down To It" - The Delfonics
"Over And Over" - The Delfonics

7:03 PM  
Blogger Lazer Kaufman said...

Remember when Sam Jackson says, "I didn't know you like the Delfonics." And then Robert Forster says, "They're pretty good." That was awesome.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home