Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Song of the day: The Cat's Miaow/"Hollow Inside"

I've had a crazy couple of weeks, involving two trips to New York and a side-trip to Washington, D.C. in the span of just 10 days, so forgive me for ignoring the blog more than usual (a lot more than usual). In that time, we've added a bunch of fun stuff to Rhapsody, including several albums and comps by Australian indiepop band The Cat's Miaow (as my friend Meighan pointed out to me this week).

I first discovered The Cat's Miaow on a now out-of-print compilation called Going Againt Maz's Advice, put out in 1995 by tiny SF indie label Four Letter Words. That compilation included the song Hollow Inside, a 3-minute piece of low-fi pop perfection whose simple changes and dreamy guitar made my popster heart flutter. It was one of one of my favorite songs then, and I still love it today. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home