Saturday, August 06, 2005

Too Close for Comfort*...?



Is Wayne Coyne a Cat Stevens fan?

I was at a friend's house this afternoon, helping assemble a crib and bassinette for their soon-to-be-born baby. While we worked, my friend had Rhapsody playing throughout the house, cranking a playlist of his favorite music.

One of the songs he played was Cat Stevens' "Father and Son," the chorus of which sounded similar to another song I couldn't place. After much brain-wracking, I realized that The Flaming Lips' song "Fight Test" sounded similar -- a little TOO similar, if you know what I mean. Click here to compare and contrast.

* I couldn't resist a chance to reference beloved (by me anyway) 1980s sitcom Too Close for Comfort.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke Warmwater said...

I heard they had to pay Cat some hush money since he obviously wrote "Fight Test" as his own two decades earlier and they put their song about Yoshimi over it. Rumor, or truth?

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home