Thursday, December 16, 2004

New in Rhapsody: Mission of Burma/Signals, Calls and Marches


Mission of Burma's Signals, Calls, and Marches EP --just added to Rhapsody-- is a must-have for anyone who's a fan of moody, anthemic post-punk music. In my book, Clint Conley, Roger Miller and company could have retired on the strength alone of their first single, "Academy Fight Song," let alone snarling, sublime gems like "That's When I Reach for My Revolver" and "Fame and Fortune." Highly recommended music for a deeply troubling time.

3 Comments:

Blogger mgrooves said...

"That's When I Reach For My Revolver" - Mission Of Burma
"Outlaw" - Mission Of Burma
"Fame And Fortune" - Mission Of Burma
"This Is Not A Photograph" - Mission Of Burma
"Red" - Mission Of Burma
"All World Cowboy Romance" - Mission Of Burma
"Academy Fight Song" - Mission Of Burma
"Max Ernst" - Mission Of Burma

2:06 PM  
Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

Classic album!

I'd been putting together a Rhapsody playlist of artists and albums from the wonderful Michael Azerrad book "Our Band Could Be Your Life" and this album was one of the big gaping holes in the playlist.

Now if only SST will bend to online music, I can adequately finish the list! (Black Flag, Minutemen, Dinosaur)

Or maybe Rykodisc can reissue more of their catalogue for them (ala Meatpuppets)

4:33 PM  
Blogger covalent bond said...

I was so happy to see Mission of Burma added to Rhapsody. It brought back many good memories. I decided to create my own blog covalentbond.blogspot.com Check it out. I created a playlist called Music of my youth.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home