Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Tonight I Celebrate My Love: Makeout Music of the 80s

Break out the candles, wine coolers and pastel-colored clothes, people -- it's time to make out, 80s style. This playlist is a no-cheese-barred tribute to lovemaking in the Reagan era, including some of the most gallingly over-produced, over-wrought (and yet eminently hummable) songs of the 1980s -- from REO Speedwagon, Chicago, and Peabo Bryson to Phil Collins, Eric Carmen, and Chris De Burgh, this list has it all. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

makeout music of the 80s
"The Lady In Red" - Chris De Burgh
"Separate Lives" - Phil Collins
"Harden My Heart" - Quarterflash
"Oh Sherrie" - Steve Perry
"One Lonely Night" - REO Speedwagon
"Tonight, I Celebrate My Love" - Peabo Bryson
"Endless Love" - Diana Ross
"You Needed Me" - Anne Murray
"Lady" - Kenny Rogers
"One More Night" - Phil Collins
"Islands In The Stream" - Kenny Rogers
"I Can Dream About You" - Dan Hartman
"Up Where We Belong" - Joe Cocker with Jennifer Warnes
"When I See You Smile" - Bad English
"I Want To Know What Love Is" - Foreigner
"(Everything I Do) I Do It For You" - Bryan Adams
"All Out Of Love" - Air Supply
"Say You, Say Me" - Lionel Richie
"Right Here Waiting" - Richard Marx
"Meet Me Half Way" - Kenny Loggins
"Don't Answer Me" - Alan Parsons Project
"Throwing It All Away" - Genesis
"Cherish" - Kool & The Gang
"Almost Paradise (from "Footloose")" - Loverboy
"Saving All My Love For You" - Whitney Houston
"All By Myself" - Eric Carmen
"You're The Inspiration" - Chicago
"Leather And Lace" - Stevie Nicks
"I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues" - Elton John
"Secret Lovers" - Atlantic Starr

1:02 AM  
Blogger Luke Warmwater said...

Worst playlist EVER!!!!! I almost got sick on three separate occasions as I saw a side of you people I did not know existed!!! - TK

3:42 PM  
Blogger jon said...

No makeout list is complete without Journey's "Open Arms".

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home