Sunday, January 16, 2005

R.I.P: Doors biographer, manager Danny Sugerman



I guess I'm a week late on this one, but I read in today's NYTimes that Doors biographer and manager Danny Sugerman, who co-wrote famed Jim Morrison biography No One Here Gets Out Alive, died last week of lung cancer.

In a turn right out of "News of the Weird," the final line of Sugerman's Times obituary said "Mr. Sugerman is survived by his wife, the former Fawn Hall, who was secretary to the Iran-Contra figure Lt. Col. Oliver L. North of the Marines." Hmm. You may remember Fawn Hall as the comely young secretary who stuffed sensitive documents about the Iran-contra scandal into her undies and subsequently shredded them on North's behalf.

Anyway, the news got me on a Doors kick this afternoon. While Rhapsody is missing many of The Doors' early releases, we've got enough of my favorites for a playlist. Enjoy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Doors
"Peace Frog" - The Doors
"Love Her Madly" - The Doors
"Hello, I Love You" - The Doors
"People Are Strange" - The Doors
"L.A. Woman" - The Doors
"Love Me Two Times" - The Doors
"Touch Me" - The Doors
"Hello, I Love You (Demo Recorded At World Pacific Studios, 1965)" - The Doors
"Break on Through" - The Doors
"Love Street" - The Doors

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home